Now You Can Attend the Original EM Boot Camp Workshops Without Registering for the Main Course!
Hands-On Emergency Procedures Workshop
Spend 4.5 hours of intensive, hands-on training in essential emergency medicine procedures.
No lectures, no slides - just supervised training on life-like simulators.
Limited to 40 participants per half-day session. Register early while spots are open!
The Original EM Boot Camp course offers an optional half-day Emergency Procedures Workshop for EM Boot Camp registrants. Come a day early and receive an immersive educational experience with seasoned physician instructors.
Produced by the well-established Hospital Procedures Consultants educational company, the workshop is unique in that the didactic portion of the program is covered in a series of online lectures that are available on any internet-enabled device. These modules review all of the specifics of how to perform a wide spectrum of procedures and include step-by-step instructions and actual videos of the procedures being performed from start-to-finish.
The lectures and videos are intended to be viewed prior to the live workshop so that you can hit the ground running at the live workshop and focus your time on actually performing the procedures under the careful supervision and instruction of expert physicians.
And, you’ll be able to receive CME credit for completing the online procedures workshop (up to 11.5 hours) and also for participating in the live procedures workshop (4.5 hours). In addition, the online lectures and videos will be accessible for 12 months so you can brush up by watching the procedure on your smartphone before you actually perform the procedure in the ED.
Hands-On Procedures Include:
- Ultrasound-guided central line placement
- Landmark-guided central line placement
- Intraosseous line placement using the EZ-IO
- Ultrasound-guided peripheral IV placement
- Endotracheal intubation
- Laryngeal mask airway placement
- The King Airway tube placement
- Stylet-guided intubations
- Glidescope intubations on adults and children
- Lumbar puncture
- Spine ultrasound to aid in ultrasound-guided lumbar punctures
- Ultrasound-guided paracentesis
- Ultrasound-guided thoracentesis
Online Videos Include All of the Hands-On Procedures, Plus:
- Procedural sedation
- The RUSH exam
- The E-FAST exam
- Mechanical ventilation
- Arterial line placement
- Needle chest decompression
- Chest tube placement
- Pigtail catheter placement
- Obtaining informed consent
Invest in your ability to perform essential ED procedures while earning up to 16 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and having 12-month access via smartphone/tablet/computer to over 20 procedure videos.
Workshop Dates & Duration
The optional Emergency Procedures Workshop is presented as a half-day session with sessions being presented the day prior to the main course beginning.
You will have the option of registering for one of the following half-day sessions…
*Each half-day session can accommodate a maximum of 40 participants. We reserve the right to reassign you to either the morning or afternoon session (we will notify you and get your approval in advance).
The tuition to register for the optional Emergency Procedures Workshop is $645.
Registration/Refund Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be made to the Center for Medical Education via phone (800-458-4779), fax (610-454-9494) or email (email@example.com) and received no less than 9 business days prior to the start of the workshop.
For workshop cancellations less than 9 business days prior to the start of a course, we offer no refunds and only 50% credit if the course tuition is transferred to a future course.
Live CME Accreditation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Center for Emergency Medical Education (CEME) and The Center for Medical Education, Inc. The Center for Emergency Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Center for Emergency Medical Education (CEME) designates this Live activity for a maximum of 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 4.5 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit.
The AOA automatically recognizes AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ as AOA Category 2 credit.
Both PA and NP organizations recognize AMA PRA Category 1 credit™ as approved CME.
The Center for Medical Education, Inc., is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider No. 12345
Online CME Accreditation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Hospital Procedures Consultants. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants will be better able to:
- Define the indications and contraindications for these emergency department procedures
- Identify the pertinent anatomy, patient positioning and proper technique for these emergency department procedures
- Identify the common complications of the various emergency department procedures
- Choose the appropriate management of complications should they occur
- Choose appropriate options for oral or intravenous procedural sedation
- Utilize the ultrasound to assist with emergency department procedures
- Understand the basic principles of mechanical ventilation
- Properly code and document for these emergency department procedures
This activity is directed to nurse practitioners, physician assistants and primary care physicians working in the emergency department or urgent care center.
Joseph S. Esherick, MD, FAAFP, FHM
- Dr. Esherick has stated that he is a member of Ascend Learning, Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoiea (editorial board member), the Medical Board of California, and as an expert peer reviewer. These relationships will not impact his ability to provide unbiased presentations.
Richard R. Rutherford, MD, FAAFP
- No conflicts to disclose
Ben Mati, MD
- No conflicts to disclose
Tara Ann Paterson, MD
- No conflicts to disclose