Join us in 2024 for a new 17-hour intensive and advanced ED operations conference for ED leadership teams
Don’t miss our 20th annual conference in Orlando, Florida!
The focus of the 2024 Innovations in Emergency Department Management conference will be on leadership, management, operations, logistics, strategic planning and healthcare reform. This three-day immersion into the challenges of running an ED will provide you and your leadership team with the tools and techniques to create a world-class emergency department. You’ll hear from “been there, done that” experts who have created successful practices in the ever-changing world of emergency medicine.
Meet the Keynote Speaker
Kevin Klauer, DO, EJD
Immediate Past Chief Medical Officer, HCA Florida Ocala Hospital
- University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Science, Des Moines, IA
- Concord Law School/Purdue University Global, EJD (Healthcare Law), Los Angeles, CA
- Former Chief Medical Officer Hospital Based Services, TeamHealth, Knoxville, TN
- Former Chief Executive Officer, American Osteopathic Association, Chicago, IL
- Co-Author of Four Risk Management Books
- Modern Healthcare: Top 150 Most Influential Clinical Executives
Connect with colleagues, learn new skill sets and operational concepts.
Return home with a series of tested solutions and a renewed enthusiasm for creating an exemplary emergency department.
Why Your ED Leadership Team Should Attend in 2024
April 2–4, 2024
Managing the many challenges associated with the functioning of a contemporary emergency department can prove daunting to even the most skilled managers. The many difficulties that exist can be just overwhelming, yet there are answers. There are EDs that have faced the same challenges and have come up with viable solutions.
- KEYNOTE: Crucial Conversations with Your Hospital Leaders
- The Hospital-at-Home Program in San Antonio
- High Flow Tactics: Managing Capacity in Your ED
- Emergency Medicine 2024: The New Normal
- Best Practices for Hospitalists in 2024
- A Behavioral Health in Triage (BHT) Program
- Best Practices for the Lower Volume ED
- The Regulatory RVU Storm: Are You Prepared?
- Innovation for Hospital-Wide Flow
- Cheer or Boo? ED Documentation Changes 2024
- Developing a Pediatric EM Service Line
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- What Newly Minted EM Physicians Want
- Managing the Understaffed Emergency Department
- Real-Time Nurse Leadership Roles in the ED
- The Next Ten Years in EM and Unscheduled Care
- Boarding and the Staffing Budget: A Primer for Nurse Leaders
- Educational Local ED Tour
- And Much More…
Poster Session & Competition
Showcase your work! Submit a poster abstract for a chance to win some great gifts.
The Innovations in Emergency Department Management conference invites you to submit a poster abstract for the annual competition held during the conference in Orlando this year. Receive $100 towards your conference registration for each poster submitted. The winner of the competition will also receive $500, and the runner-up will receive $250.
Great information for an ED leader. There was a lot to take back and work on. Thank you!
This is the 4th time I’ve attended this conference. I always leave motivated and inspired. Thank you.
Great to have 30-minute sessions! Good way to have a range of topics and no drag on.
Meet Our Expert Faculty
Our Energetic and Effective Faculty of Emergency Department Thought Leaders Will Provide You With All-New Skill Sets and Operational Concepts to Effectively Manage Your Emergency Department.
Shari Welch, MD, FACEP – Course Director
W. Richard Bukata, MD – Course Co-Director
Jim Augustine, MD
Ed Banos, MHA
Mike Gibbons, RN, MBA
Michael Granovsky, MD
Robin Hemphill, MD, MPH
Kathy Hochman, MD
Steve Jameson, MD
Nick Jouriles, MD
Kevin Klauer, DO, EJD – Keynote Speaker
David Seaberg, MD
Amy Sechrist, MSN, RN
Mark Sevilla, RN, DNP, CENP
Pam Turner, RN, MBA
Thanks to our sponsors for helping make the Innovations in Emergency Department Management Conference possible.
Can’t make it to the live course? No problem.
Audio & video self-study versions are available.
The 2024 Innovations in Emergency Department Management Conference will be professionally recorded and made available for self-study in mid-2024.
- Avoid the expense and hassle of travel
- Don’t miss family/work obligations
- Study at your pace and on your own time
- Available in a variety of formats to suit your needs