Join us in Las Vegas for a 3-day, data-driven, evidence-based, comprehensive course taught by frontline Peds/EM educators.
EM board-certified or not, managing the acutely ill or injured child can be among the most challenging scenarios in emergency medicine – that’s why the Mastering Pediatric Emergencies course was created.
This all-new course was produced by the developers of the EM Boot Camp Course Series and The National EM Board Review.
Watch the introductory video of the Mastering Pediatric Emergencies Course
- An intensive, comprehensive review covering newborn to adolescence
- Incorporates the leading authoritative guidelines
- A focus on data-driven, literature-based content
- Taught by 9 energetic and knowledgeable Peds/EM educators
- A 3-day deep dive experience that will create a renewed confidence in your ability to diagnose and treat pediatric emergencies
9 Expert Peds/EM Faculty
The faculty members are smart, know the medical literature, and enjoy interacting with the audience. Let these “been there, done that” frontline educators enhance your knowledge while experiencing this unique course.
34 Focused Presentations
Each of the 34 presentations is designed to re-energize your knowledge and love for pediatric emergency medicine. The course has been written at the EM-Boarded physician level but will be enjoyed by all who provide urgent and ED pediatric care.
6 Interactive Faculty Panels
The use of a phone-based app will allow questions and comments to be made during the presentations. These will be addressed by the faculty in real time and during the two daily faculty panels. Enjoy the give-and-take between the experts as they address your questions.
September 12–14, 2023 at Caesars Palace Las Vegas
An immersive educational experience to substantially increase your confidence managing pediatric emergencies.
- Optimized Approach to the Sick or Injured Child
- Managing the Precipitous Delivery
- Early Management of the Child and Mom
- The Crashing Neonate
- The Inconsolable Crying Infant and BRUE
- Fever in the Neonate and Young Infant
- Fever in Toddlers and Young Children
- Upper Respiratory Tract Disorders
- Acute Asthma Exacerbations
- Pediatric Pneumonia – Causes and Treatment
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Approach to the Infant With Jaundice
- GI Disorders of the Infant and Toddler
- Appendicitis and Related Disorders
- Pediatric Endocrine Emergencies
- Pediatric Rashes - Part 1
- Pediatric Rashes - Part 2
- Pediatric Head Trauma - Part 1
- Pediatric Head Trauma - Part 2
- Cervical Spine Injuries
- Thoracic Trauma in Children
- Pediatric Abdominal Trauma
- Back Pain in Children
- Pediatric Upper Extremity Injuries
- Pediatric Elbow and Forearm Fractures
- Wrist and Fingertip Injuries in Kids
- Pediatric Lower Extremity Problems
- Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies
- Ear, Face, and Dental Emergencies
- Psychosocial and Behavioral Disorders
- Essentials of Pediatric Procedures
- Pediatric Genitourinary Emergencies
- Neurological Emergencies in the Child
- Pediatric Toxicologic Emergencies
Meet Our Expert Faculty
Emily Rose, MD, FAAP – Course Director
W. Richard Bukata, MD – Course Advisor
Martha A. Roberts, MSN, ACNP, PNP, RN, BSN, CEN, CPEN – Faculty Forum Coordinator
Christopher Amato, MD
Solomon Behar, MD
Ilene Claudius, MD
Timothy Horeczko, MD
Sujit Iyer, MD, FAAP
Le “Mimi” Lu, MD
Alfred Sacchetti, MD
Emily Rose, MD, FAAP – Course Director
Pediatric Emergencies comprehensively covers the practical management of pediatric emergencies based on organ systems, with a strong emphasis on clinical relevance. Each chapter explores the background, classic clinical presentation, atypical clinical presentation, differential diagnosis, diagnostic confirmation, treatment, clinical algorithm, disposition, complications, and pitfalls of each topic.
Earn Up to 21.5 ACEP Category 1 and AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Jointly Sponsored by
Can’t make it to the live course?
The course will be professionally recorded and made available for self-study in late 2023.
- Avoid the expense and hassles of travel
- Don’t miss family/work obligations
- Study at your own pace and on your own time
- Available in a variety of formats to suit your needs